Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I am a superwoman!!!!

I realized this when:

1)I began managing my job, family and my writing efficiently.
2)In spite of being in an unequal relationship I never let it affect my self esteem.
3)years of being side lined in relationships I did not aver my faith in myself!
4)I handled my pregnancy, delivery and back- to- my 58 kg frame single  handedly.
5) My book featured in all the major critics list.
6)the treatment meted out to my children by their father when they were young makes me feel sorry for him!!!!!!! Such apathy towards the young needs penance!!!
7)Relationships have to be nurtured. It cannot work with only one giving and the other judging!!!!
8)friends who are with me for decades and new friends have made me and want to make me a part of their life!!!!!!
9) Sex drives can go up or down. It does not mean a thing in a relationship.  My orgasm today is a cup of hot ginger tea with a nice salad.
10)I fix breakfast, lunch with my own hands for the grateful and the ungrateful!
11)I am a hands on mother. I drop the kids to school, feed them, pay for their school, buy stuff for them, take an interest in their lives, activities and try to raise them as good human beings.
12)At my work place I have reached where I can call a spade a spade and also move on....
13)I have sold houses, purchased houses and remodeled them.
14)I do not have a need to be accepted. Others have to fit in!
15) I have moved on from issues that used to affect me by contemplating that ,'If I do not matter, then I have no business to be here'. I am important.
16) I pretend that I am an army wife whose husband is on the front and the problem is mine and solution also!!!!!
17)my new manuscript is racing to an end.  And I have people in the literary world waiting.
18) I can still be happy when a cherry tomato grows on my plant, I hear a new tune or I buy a new dress!
19) I can dance, laugh loudly, sing and reach out to people.
20) I am the Margaret Mead of my life!!!!!!!
21) Yet, I am a woman, vulnerable and like the mosaic of an old mosque.


 

No comments: